Wednesday, June 3, 2015

What happens to people when they get free money? I was recently reading about unemployment insurance, and it reminded me of the time I was on unemployment assistance. To start off, I am one who prefers to work. At the beginning of being on unemployment assistance, I looked for work. However, it was easy for me to fall into the mindset of 'why should I work when I get money for nothing'. This way of thinking has been seen more and more recently in the news because it is the common way of thinking for those whom are on welfare.

What unemployment assistance and welfare recipients miss is not work but the remuneration of work. For it is better to have a lack of wages than a lack of work. That is: it is better not to have this free money.

Having money with out earning it leads to a lack of appreciation for the money. Many who receive unemployment benefits and receive welfare feel entitled. They like having all this money to spend but don't want to work for it.

Since the government is 'paying' out all this money, those who receive it should be given jobs. If you really look at it. On the government web site, www.usajobs.gov, and many other such sites list thousands of open positions. Many of these could be filled with those who are on unemployment assistance and welfare. But for some reason these jobs continue to go unfilled month after month, year after year. I have applied to these jobs many times and never getting a response back.

It would have been great if I had received a letter from the government stating I have been assigned a job with information on the job. Well, I was already getting 'paid'. So why not do the work that goes with it? This is my way of thinking, then and now.

Some measures have been enacted to reduce the number of welfare recipients. More measures need to be put in place.

For those who are on welfare, getting pregnant shows you have a man in your life and don't need the welfare money. For the man, going about having children you too should be dropped from receiving welfare money. Theses same rules should be applied to unemployment assistance.

Since children growing up without both parents together gives rise to irresponsible adults who go about having children they too don't care about, I think it would better if half the non-custodial parent's income go to child support.

For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment