Monday, October 19, 2015

Over the last few months, I've been looking at different translations of the Bible. I have read through the entire Bible and began reading a different translation to find the differences.

Years ago, before I read the Bible. I was told by a pastor that the New King James Version (NKJV) has errors and mistranslations. Yesterday I was conducting my own research trying to find a specific verse. I had been looking in a NKJV Bible for several weeks, but could not find it. I went to a book store and read several different translations. I found the verse I was looking for in all these other translations. I then went back to my NKJV Bible and found this verse was completely replaced. It was not translated incorrectly, rather it was replaced with something else.

I can only assume it was done in the name of not offending people. As you know, there are many churches that are making accommodations for people to sin with the blessings of the church. These churches should keep in mind Revelations 3:16:So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. This pertains to churches standing against sin. Churches that accommodate would fall under this category. 

People who translate the Bible should also keep in mind what Jesus said in Revelations 22:18-19: For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in they book.

For Bible translators, it is wise to translate correctly. For those who take out verses from the Bible, for whatever reason, God will clearly take away from them. Translating the Bible is a noble profession. Having to find out the NKJV Bible has mistranslations and omissions, it is a bible translations everyone should avoid.

At this point I need to go by a new Bible of the correct translation.

Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment