Saturday, May 9, 2015

Imagine you are driving on a road you have driven countless times before. You turn on your right turn signal, move into the right turn lane when it is time and is clear to do so. You get to the end of the turn lane, stop, check to see if it is clear and safe to turn, then you turn. However you notice a white car dangerously turns into the turn lane and begins to follow you. At the next red light you see the white car behind you and wonder who they are. Then the light turns green and you begin driving. Just then the white car turns on red and blue flashing lights. You follow the law and pull over. The driver and passenger get out and you can see they are dressed like police. They ask you for your license and registration. Everything is fine and the cop says you can go. He keeps your license and goes to his car. Then he and the other one come out put on some gloves and pulls you out of your car and arrest you. You have never committed any crime, and your background check is clean, however, you are arrested and put in prison with no trial.

Sound impossible?

Well it is not. This happened to me.

I was driving in Colorado Springs, CO just as I described. I have not committed any crime. In December the previous year a full criminal background check was done, and it indicated I have no criminal record. Just like you, I wanted to know what was I going to prison for.

The police officer driver told me I am being arrested. Never read me my rights. He would not tell me what crime I am accused of. After looking for a traffic violation, he stated "I can't find a violation to put down." Then he finally said "This one looks good." Sounds corrupt? It is. He could not find a litigate traffic violation to justify him wanting to pull me over. So he made one up. They ransacked my car, taking my wallet and the money that was in it. Had my car towed, and took me to prison. All refusing me critical information. However, they did tell me my brother was informed three years ago, in 2011.

A little background information is needed here. In 2011 I was living and working in Phoenix, AZ. I was not in Colorado nor was I a resident of Colorado. Prior to Phoenix, I lived in Chicago, IL. The only Colorado connection here is the fact I graduated high school in Colorado. Then there is some family who live there, and in several other states.

At the prison, I was refused a lawyer. They said if I pay them $1000, they will let me go. I refused. No one would tell me any information about what crime they accuse me of, and my background check showed that I am an innocent man.

An innocent man in prison!

I was eventually granted a court date. At some point I was released because my mom paid them, however, they kept my money they took from my wallet. I demanded my money be returned, but they refused. They told me they "do not return money." I took this time to get a public defender and build my defense.

They refused me a public defender demanding I pay them for one.

After several days I was able to find my brother who told me he does not know what the police are talking about. He told me in 2011 a woman would come by the house asking for me. He informed her that I do not live there and has no contact with me. I was able to get a signed sworn statement from him testifying to this fact.

I got some consultations from different lawyers. They told me that in Colorado their law says all they need to do is have papers served on someone who knows you. according to my brother, they never gave him any papers. So even their requirement was not fulfilled.

There is nothing in Colorado law stating you need to live in Colorado. Nothing about having a defendant being personally notified of any case filed against them. All they need is to find someone who claims to know you. It does not matter if the someone they find has any contact with you, nor does it matter you live in another state.

The El Paso County courthouse told me I need to pay them $725 so I can defend myself and clear my name. (My mane is already clear as evident by the background check). Additionally, they told me if I wanted to know anything about my case I would have to pay them. I had no intentions of paying them. They should provide me with the information. They refused to tell me what it would cost, and of course I refused to pay them anything. Therefore the El Paso County courthouse refused my right to information. This violated my right to face my accusers and have a fair trial. You can find plenty of Constitutional violations going on.

During this time I fought to get my car back. They wanted me to pay them to get my car.

I know I did not commit any traffic violation, even the police officer admitted he could not find a traffic violation to put on the traffic ticket and had to make up a traffic violation. I went to traffic court and fought the ticket. After two months the City of Colorado Springs, CO traffic court decided "using a right turn lane is not optional. It is reckless driving and you are fined $190 for using the turn lane." There was no way to get out of this. The city of Colorado Springs, CO need money more than they care for justice.

Some background information here. When I graduated high school in Colorado Springs, business was booming. When I was driving there in 2014, I noticed miles and miles of commercial property vacant. Colorado Springs, CO had become a dead city. However, just outside the city, business is booming. As it turns out, the previous decade, the city government began telling businesses to leave town. That was when the business boom in the county began. By 2007, Colorado Springs, CO had become known as city unable to pay its electric bill. This was because the city began shutting down streetlights. Anyone in business knows sales tax from businesses is the majority of revenue for any government. Therefore the city of Colorado Springs, CO forcing businesses out of town resulted in a significant loss of revenue, leading to the city having to find ways to save money. Now they just make up traffic violations just to gain more money. I don't know how this dumb move by the city effects the county's financial position, but consider what followed.


Concerning the other case, I went to the El Paso County courthouse to defend myself only armed with the statement from my brother. I arrived there on time, however, the courtroom did not open its doors on time. Finally after about ten minutes the doors were opened. I went in and took a seat. I waited for the judge to show up. Only one court employee was there. She apparently had all the case information on the computer. After another thirty minutes she came over, handed me a piece of paper, and said I was free to go. I asked her what crime I am accused of. Her response (keep in mind she has the entire case information): "I don't know."

So this entire fiasco was just to have me sit in their courthouse for thirty minutes and be told I am free to go. And this is all because the El Paso County courthouse does not know why.

Something shady is going on in Colorado.

I think it was more than that. The only theme consistent was their demand for me to pay them absurd amounts of money for nothing. So therefore, since the county did get some money, they decided to let me go. This explains why they don't know what crime I was put in prison for.

It is clear Colorado does not care about justice, and has enacted this absurd law in order to acquire more money. They denied me my Constitutional rights. I was not given a trial. I was denied the right to face my accusers. I was denied legal representation. I was not presumed innocent.

I strongly recommend you avoid EVER going to, and living in Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment