Friday, August 2, 2013

Last night I went out with a friend. We had a good time and the night ended on a good note. What gets me is what other people are saying. First off it is none of their business. We are friends who enjoy hanging out and having a good time going to various places and doing things.

How does this relate to counting the costs? Well it may not be a financial cost, but it is a cost. People often judge others based on what they see. The sad part about this is those people doing the judging are supposed to know better and not judge others. Making and loosing friends is a part of life. It helps relieve the pain when those supposed friends have been doing something they know is wrong and continue to do so.

Another costs that came to light last night was having to turn down additional work hours. As most people know, more hours means a bigger paycheck. Yes this is a financial cost, but it is my choice. After turning down the extra hours I began thinking of other reasons to turn down the extra hours. But all that is moot. The issue is counting the costs. All those other reasons do matter.

As for my ongoing questions from past posts: I am not dissuaded. I am still committed. The costs are still worth the pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment