Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I was listening to the radio this morning as I was moving the cars. The sermon was about waiting. He was mentioning about waiting for a marriage partner to come along, to have this baby, to have this job or for the boss to leave. to me this sounds like waiting for life to happen. Many people have done this, and still are doing this. I admit I have done this myself.

In America there is a brand of car where the symbol is a ram head. For years their slogan was
'Grab life by the horns.'

We need to stop 'waiting' for life to happen to us and 'take life by the horns'.  What I mean is get up and make things happen. True we have to wait for God's timing, but if we just sit around then life will pass us by. Eventually we wake up one morning and wonder what happened.

God said He wanted me to get moving and took action. He brought a beautiful and wonderful, perfect woman into my life. She is my dear friend. I don't see the flaws in her, even though Jesus said there is no one perfect not one. Yes I do see the flaws in her, but I choose to see the best in her. I don't hold her imperfections against her, even though she continues to ask me why I 'put up' with her. At church the pastor mentioned something during service that speaks directly to this. Although I can not remember the exact words or even put it as elegantly as he did, the basic point is to be full of mercy, make peace, and see your own wrongs asking for forgiveness. We should have a teachable spirit, being willing to yield.

My dear friend may not be perfect by God's standards, as for me I see a perfect woman whom I really care about greatly. There is no need to hold anything against her as we can have a wonderful time together by not dwelling on the little things. I can see in her the willingness to improve, and over time she has grown. She may still see all the flaws in herself, much like I see my own flaws, however, I will not dwell on her flaws and continue to see her as God sees her. This is what I strive for with everyone. As a song by Brandon Heath titled Give Me Your Eyes talks directly to this.

We all should strive to see people as God sees them.

No comments:

Post a Comment