Sunday, November 17, 2013

Selfish nature! This is the core of our greatest battle. The war within. Our desire for pleasure battles against the spirit.

We are fallen messy people who struggle, but Jesus loves us all. The desires for pleasures is the cause for fights between us. When we long for ways that God has not provided we are given over to pleasure and war with God. Those who have gained much still are not happy and seek more. Our selfish desires will never be satisfied.

Yesterday I made my resolution. Part of that is to listen to God. God took me up on that soon after. I wanted to do one thing but God said do this. So I did as God said. Now I don't remember what it was I wanted to do. Going God's way turned my day around.

If we ask God then God will hear and answer. It may not be the answer you wanted but it is an answer. Many times we ask God for something that is not in God's will. The nature of our prayers come from the wrong desires. We should take our desires to God and ask if this is His will for us. I have often asked and God has answered. Despite how difficult life gets, we all should keep following God's word.

When our sinful passions get the best of us, God refers to it as adultery and murder. When our sinful passion becomes more important than our relationship with Him, God calls it as it is. We commit adultery or murder in our hearts and mind. God wants to be more important in our lives. God does not want to share us with the world.

I have allowed a relationship to take president over God. I rarely went to church, I did everything I could to serve the relationship, and other people were not very important. God put an end to that relationship. God caused to me step back and take an honest look. I know what I want, however, everyday I am putting that aside. I prefer to have my wants and desires to be filled God's way. It is fine to ask God about our desires, but we still have to do as God tells us.

You may ask what is the reason you are here or why. Regardless of where you are in life, no matter how difficult life becomes, no matter who God put in your life, God is working in your life. Yesterday God told me He is preparing my wife as He is preparing me for the time we are to be together. It takes time to work in each person's life. Getting her and I ready for that time God has to work in each person's life differently according to where we are and how to get us where He wants us to go. Not only is she not ready, but I still have work to do.

Just because you are single now does not mean that you are doomed. God is working in your life at the same time He is working in your future spouse's life. Getting the two of you on the same page takes work. You may think you are ready but is your future husband or wife ready? Despite how difficult things get, or what ideas we come up with, you need to go to God, ask Him what He would have you do. Ask Him to guide you in how to deal with people everyday.

I know I need this everyday. I was talking with my sister about how there are things I just don't understand about the way other people think. Everyone thinks differently and this is where we need God to guide us. We can't claim to know everything; go to God who does know everything.

God put us here to fulfill the purpose He has for our lives. Don't despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment