Sunday, October 6, 2013

I am so thankful for the valley I am in. I told my dear friend this as we were going to church today. I also told her I am thankful for her and all the people God has put in my life. She told me she cherishes our friendship. The subject at church was titled Gratitude. I quickly drew the connection with my feeling of thankfulness to God and the subject in church. In Psalm 100:4-5 talks about entering with thanksgiving and praise to God and that His love lasts forever. This was the first bible verse in church today.

Psalm 100:4-5 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations.

We learned that deliverance comes through thanksgiving. My life situation is not the best, however, I am thankful for it. How could I have drawn closer to God and have so many prayers answered if my life was different. I an very thankful for all that God has done and is still doing. Whet we fail to be thankful for (appreciate) will eventually be taken for granted. This is something I have fallen into. So as God stripped away these things in my life I was not thankful for the worse my situation seemed to become. Over the years I have lost a high paying job, my IRAs, savings, apartment, and independence. Yes my life hurts me and I am still thankful for it.

My dear friend after church took off the ring I gave her and held it out to me, and asked if I want to take it back. She said she does not want mt to think that just because she is wearing a ring I gave her something is going to happen. I told her to put it back on. I felt devastated. She said my actions speak to her that I am expecting something from her. Despite all the conversations we have had she continues to see this as the means of our friendship. I began to wonder myself. This doubt I was feeling is bad. Doubt does not come from God.

At her place I finally said 'dear God' to her, and not in a good way. I am sorry that came out. She does not seem to remember. I took off my fing and began thinking about the weight of the commitment I made to God. It is something that weighs heavily on my mind and I still endure. As I continue to walk with God, the attacks from the enemy continue to get worse. The confrontations between my dear friend and I continue to come and get ever harder to handle. God please have your hand on our relationship. I don't want to loose this friend. Amen!

When God is working something good in our lives, the enemy wants to destroy it. The friendship between my dear friend and I God is working for good, and the enemy wants to stop. Being friends is going to bring about something great because God is working in this friendship. This is something the enemy wants to destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment