Friday, October 11, 2013

When God answers a prayer you've been praying the joy is so overwhelming. God continues to answer my prayers even yesterday and this morning. Yesterday my dear friend asked me to cook for her. I had been wanting to do that for a while. I did some cooking for her, but still every time I do it is a joy for me. Then I asked her if I could do something else for her and she said yes. I am still pleased to have these opportunities and serve my dear friend.

Yesterday on my way to work the radio was talking about how our society is disconnected. It was a sermon from Chuck Swindoll. He mentioned in the first time God said it was not good was when man was alone. Part or the sermon he mentioned that technology give us the promise of connections without the intimacy of personal interactions

I can relate to this in my life. I tended to connect with people through the computer but fail to have the human connection. When I went to church after service there was the fellowship time and I met some people but still did not feel comfortable. I had some friends, but I felt like there should be more.

i connected with people over the internet, but when we meet in person there was the awkwardness, some courtesy, and then keeping distant. The real personal human connection was not there. The internet connection was exciting and felt good, but then in person it was not the same. Some of these internet relationships ended after that.

Having a real personal connection is what God designed us for. Technology does not fill the void only Jesus and another real human being can fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment