Thursday, October 24, 2013

Misinterpretation! This seems to be the theme of my life. Having a brain injury means not thinking in a 'normal' way. For me I am not very emotional and getting excited about something does not produce many facial expressions and other typical reactions. Often times I have been in work related situations where something new was being introduced and everyone was excited, including me, and then some manager ask me why I'm not excited. I don't quite understand the jumping around people do when they are excited. I suppose that is one of the things my brain injury effected.

I tried to explain this to my dear friend I don't know if she understood me or even remembers. She too has a brain injury, however, her injury is different and more severe. Monday she had an exam at school. I took her to school. i enjoy helping her out. She, like any student, has stress before taking a test. I do what I can to not add any more stress to her life. I think she took my presumed reaction the wrong way. This is one of those times.

Yesterday I took off my commitment ring and gave it to her. Today I am not sure what I am feeling. Emotions are another thing that confuse me. I would like to talk with her, but at the same time I don't want to add any stress on her life. To me it seems like things are ending. I don't want that. I care about her and want to continue to see her.

This is one of those times in life where things can take a turn in one direction or another. I pray things are not over.

What times in your life have there been misinterpretations?

No comments:

Post a Comment