Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stifling God. Any person looking to God would find this offensive. The idea of butting an end to God is inconceivable. But today in men's bible study this subject was brought up. It was stated that there are some Christians that work against God and hinder other Christians.

This hit home for me. My dear friend had told me several times where one 'Christian' friend or another advised her not to be friends with men, and not to be friends with me. Good thing is she did not follow their advice. Looking at the prayers God has answered and the blessings God has given her and I through our friendship would NEVER have happened if she did as those 'friends' advised her.

Personally these blessings extend further than just with the friendship. Because of this friendship, work is better, and I am not experiencing PTSD and OCD episodes as much any more. I find it hard to say when the last tiem I experienced PTSD, however, I am still having  some small incidences of OCD, the difficult kind. There are many other prayers and blessings I can talk about as a result of this friendship, and my dear friend has talked about some of the prayers and blessings God has given her, however, all that would not have happened if she followed the advice she'd been given.

There are times we seek advice or give advice that we should take to God in prayer. If we look towards the bible before giving advice we are more likely to work in God's plan instead of hindering His plan. Clearly God intended my dear friend and I to meet and strike up this friendship. God continues to work in our lives through the friendship.

If you find yourself in such a position, you should ask a few questions including if this was set up by God. No one wants to be the one who destroys God's plans. You may think you are doing the right thing, but you still need to go to God about it. There is nothing wrong with asking God for direction.

How would you feel if you were the one who gave this kind of advice and when you get to the judgment, God shows you what He had planned with this friendship and your advice ended it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment