Monday, October 14, 2013

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
 (Philippians 3:13-14, NIV)
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
(Philippians 3:13-14, KJV)

I made a commitment to God. Many times I have been tested and finally in July after meeting my dear friend God tole me it was time for me to wear this ring I have. The ring is my visual/physical reminder of this commitment and the plans God has for me. Whenever I am temped, get frustrated, feel like giving up, and many other distractions that pull at me, I am reminded by God to look at the ring and remember. Yesterday, due to a misunderstanding, lack of communication, and possibly some other underling issues, I was getting to the breaking point. I had to stop and take some time NOT TO ACT IN ANGER.

My dear friend was with me and twice I left her in the car alone. It was in that time God spoke to me. I was reminded NOT TO GIVE UP. I was reminded that God has a plan an these times are there to help her and I grow. Like going through a valley in life you draw closer to God and God does some of his best work in your life. When things are going great in life we tend to miss out on some of the things God is doing in our life. So in times when my dear friend and I are having a bad time, it is a time where God is doing some of his best work in us.

Soon after we are happy and laughing as if all was right with the world. Next month my dear friend is turning 30. She has expressed sadness for not achieving some things in life. But then again Jesus started his ministry when he was 30. So I see great things ready to be done by my dear friend when she is 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment