Thursday, September 5, 2013

A cost we can see is the money we put into something. Tonight I took a friend out shopping and then dinner. I did not do this for me but for her.

Personal costs are even harder to calculate. I know my life has been in shambles for years. I am thankful to God for all the belssings he has provided. I could be homeless now, but I am not. I accepted an offer years ago to live with my parents. I honestly don't want to live like this, but I am still thankful for having a roof over my head.

My dear friend gave me a talk about my situation. I don't know why but I can't seem to get out from under this situation. The one thing I can see stopping me from improving my situation is not having a good paying job.

Don't get me wrong, I have a job, it just does not pay very well. I am in the process of getting another job that pays more, but there seems to be roadblocks there too. This job does come with some personal costs. It will take away from my time with friends and family.

It is such a delima for me. I want to be around peple, but it seems like my independence depends on me being lonely.

Do you ever find yourself in a similar situation? Do you find yourself conflicted on what you want and what you are willing to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment