Sunday, September 29, 2013

It is up to the Holy Spirit to get results. It is not up to you to get results.

I left my dear friend and this was stated on the radio when I got in the car. She had told me about asking God for a husband and what that husband is going to be like. When she said this, the thought came accross my mind stating the 'husband may not be ready now because God is still working on that man preparing him to be the husband He has for her'. I believe this was God speaking to me. I have known this could be the reason for me not having a wife, that god is working in my wife's life preparing her to be a wife.

I asked God for a wife many times. You know what, God told me I need to get rid of sin from my life before He would provide. I said 'Just give me a wife and I will stop sinning." God was insistent that I need to stop sinning and get my life in order FIRST. The sin I was in had become burdensome to me and I did not enjoy it, but it was also an addiction. I struggled with that sin for years. I tried making deals with God, an attempt to bargain with God to just remove the sin. God wanted me to 'do the work in resisting the sin and temptation'. I made attempts and lasted a few months or even a year then fell back. Then one day I made a reall effort. The next day I continued that effort. One day lead into the next. Soon it became a week, then two weeks. Soon it was a month, then another month. It has been so long and out of my mind I can not remember when I started. Then God put me together with my dear friend. That was when the temptation ended for me. Now I find myself experiencing something new.

I reminded my dear friend God does not give us more than we can handle. I try to remember this as I am going through this new trial. Even though I am making personal progress, new trials come into my life.

When new trials come into your life just go to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment