Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What's in a job? That is something that is on the minds of many people including me. I went to an interview today in the metro city near by. It took two hours to get back. Strange it did not take that long for me to get there. Then I went to a second interview this afternoon. I need to go back for follow up interview.

Over the last five years as this depression has been going on I've been told by many employers they are not looking for someone who has been to college. This is supported by the fact every interview where there was any serious interest the employer did not know I had been to college. In fact I have an MBA. Those jobs where I have noted my degree have not called. However the ones who have called are the ones where I left out the college information. The job I have now they do not know I have any college degree.

I know this is disappointing, then what do you do? I am still hopeful in getting a job. I still apply to jobs I can do and have interest in. It does not make sense to apply for a job you despise. then again I have a job like that. I am still look forward to getting out of this situation.

at dinner my dear friend prayed for control of my thoughts. I wonder what she means by that. We talked about different things and maybe traveling. She asked me if we should bring someone else along on such a travel. To me it seems she is concerned about her safety. She is not alone in that. I would be concerned. However I would make sure she is safe. The term 'over my dead body' is how I fell.

Thinking about this, trust is still foremost on my mind. I always believed trust is earned, not given away. Trust is a big issue for me. I find it difficult to trust people. When growing up I trusted supposed friends who just broke that trust. That kind of early betrayal sticks with me still. It does not help having to be betrayed while I was in the military. It is hard for me to trust someone new. Despite my dear friend being such a wonderful, perfect, beautiful woman, I am still struggling with trust.

My long term friend I have known for over twenty years and I can trust her. However, as I said it takes time. We had known each other long enough to know each other well. But what does it take to earn trust in less time?

No comments:

Post a Comment