Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I've been thinking of keeping a journal with my dear friend about what God is doing in our lives. The idea came to me a few days ago. Yesterday I shared this idea with her. Today I read the weekly devotional from the pastor at church. In it he talks about when two Christians get together and talk about what God is doing in their lives.

What amazing timing from God. My dear friend has not said she will do this, however, after reading the devotional I think we should try. I am interested in knowing what God is doing in her life.

What we talk about reveals the abundance of our heart and what we are focused upon at that particular moment. Do you speak of the love you have for the Lord?

This is a pivotal moment in life when we get together and talk about God. We draw closer to God when we go to prayer together, talk about His work in our life, and read the Bible. When God is near, the devil is far. God's presence is powerful. Friday last week I felt the presence of God and continued to feel His presence the next day and after. It is an overwhelming experience to be in the presence of God. There is no way to put into words how this feels.

My dear friend does not know I am in prayer for her often. The most common time for me to go into prayer is when she gets angry. I care deeply about her. She knows this and often asked me or more like tells me about my feelings for her. I am not sure what else I can say. I don't know what else to say. She is my dear friend because of what God is doing in my life through her. We have been and continue to be a blessing for each other. Even though God put us together when we would have normally avoided each other, the work God has done is amazing. I am interested in seeing what God has in store for her and I. It is often said 'God's plan, God's timing, is perfect.' What does God have planned for the future? I am excited to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment