Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Making a prayer comes with a cost. The cost varies but you can bet it will be something you are holding on to.

I made some promises to my dear friend. I have been keeping track on them. Today I can now fulfill two of those promises. These are simple promises to do something or get something done. One started out as just a simple wash and return to wash, repair, and return. I have yet to return the clothes.

The other promise involves getting something fixed. I was resting this morning due to a few days of lack of sleep and the onset of a cold. I woke to the doorbell ringing several times. I know what this was about. I got up and retrieved the package. I went thru the package and made sure everything was good and in working order. Now I want to get this over to my dear friend, but at the same time I want to surprise her. She may have no idea I got everything taken care of.

For the most part I did not do the majority of work. I said I would get it taken care of. For one item I do know how to wash clothes. So that was well within my abilities. The other item I planed to have professionals do all the work. So in that case I said I will get it taken care of.

Now it is just a waiting game. My dear friend is in class now. I hope to meet with her at a time she is done with homework and is not busy.

What does a promise mean to you? I made a promise to God. I may have hard times keeping that promise, however, I am doing my best to keep the promise. I am in prayer everyday. I know with God's help I will succeed.

Do you keep your promises? What is it like when someone breaks their promise to you? I would love to hear your thought. You can post them where only I can see them.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment