Friday, September 13, 2013

Giving up! Is it worth giving up? After last night I am at a point where I wonder if I should truly give up. Last night my dear friend told me something I am wondering about. She tells me she likes going out with me doing stuff but mostly what we do is just go out and eat. To me it seems like I am just the 'dinner friend'. This is getting me down. I don't want to be thought of as the 'dinner friend', I enjoy doing other things than just going out and eating.

I like to hike, ride my bike, go bowling, the list can go on and on, but the fact is I like to get out and be active. I have dropped over 50 pounds of excess weight. I really want to keep that going. My goal is 175lbs. or less. I know moderation is good to healthy weight, but constantly going out and eating just seems counterproductive to me.

I will continue to tutor her. I sincerely want to see her graduate with high scores. But what next? I enjoy spending time with her.

Have you ever had a friend you really liked that you wondered what to do next?

That was what I wrote this morning before going to work. I have been in prayer about this and God has been talking to me. God wants me to continue in this friendship. He was very clear. If I were to abandon this friendship then I will ruin what God has planned. I am not interested in messing up what God has planned anymore. Although there are good things to having a meal with someone. So maybe being the dinner friend is not so bad.

There have been times when I followed God and everything was going well then one last thing and I went my own way. The results were disastrous. Guess that could easily explain my current predicament. Although I can not see what God has planned for this friendship I will continue to be friends with her. I know every time I see her I am in a better mood and for a time all my worries fade away. Of course we will talk about the problems in due time.

I made a commitment to my dear friend to tutor her for this class. To me a commitment is the same as a promise. You all know that I do keep my promises. This is a four month commitment that I will keep. I also made a commitment to God and today God reminded to of that commitment. I looked at the ring and was reminded of God.

As I wonder what will happen after the class is over and she has passed with very high scores, I hope God will let me know what is next. I still wonder about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment